CPRC welcomes visitors whose research fits into one or more of the primary research areas of the Center and who make a compelling case that their presence at the Center will advance their own scholarship as well as the scholarship of CPRC affiliates, associates, and fellows.
Visitors will be expected to participate in the life of the Center, by mentoring, giving seminars, attending seminars, etc. In selecting visitors, priority will be given to applicants who
- are currently participants in a funded research project of the Center as a co-investigator, consultant or a related position;
- have arranged with a CPRC member to write a grant proposal during their visit;
- have prior experience working with CPRC members (e.g., co-authoring articles, books, chapters, reports, etc.) and propose to continue such activities during their visit (e.g. manuscript preparation, conference presentations, report writing, etc.), or
- possess special expertise (e.g., statistical methods, theory development, qualitative or ethnographic research, policy experience) or access to particular datasets (e.g. comparative datasets, cohort studies) that would assist Center faculty and/or doctoral students in grant acquisition and publication activities.
Visitors are typically appointed as officers of research or designated as visiting scholars or visiting scientists, pending the nature of the research-related activities.
Visitors are provided with office space (typically shared) and access to a desktop computer and printer. It is important to note that CPRC provides neither housing nor salary nor fringe support for visitors.
Visit Length Options
- Fall Semester: September 1 - December 31
- Spring Semester: January 1 - May 31
- Academic Year: September 1 - May 31
**CPRC doesn't accept visitors during the summer.
How to Apply
To apply, prospective visitors should email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The cover letter should detail the preferred dates for the visit (fall semester, spring semester or both), the goals for the visit, and an explanation of how the visit at CPRC would be useful in accomplishing the specified activities.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, March 1, 2020. Space permitting, applications arriving after the deadline may be considered, but to ensure full consideration applicants should apply by the deadline.